We have put together a basic tryout guide that each parent should follow throughout the tryout process as well as what to bring and ’Frequently Asked Questions’ below.
- Check dates / times / locations of the appropriate age group.
- Register for ’Nashoba FC Tryouts’ through the Join NFC! tab and fill in all information. Incomplete registrations will not be accepted.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to start time to check in.
- When attending the second night of tryouts, please make sure your child has the number that they were issued at the first night. If you no longer have the number, go to the registration area, tell them the number you child was for the previous tryout and you will be issued another number.
- Each player / parent will hear back from the Nashoba FC coaching staff whether or not they have made a team within 3 days.
What to bring:
- Soccer apparel i.e. soccer jersey, shorts and socks. No Jeans
- Ball – be sure it is fully inflated
- Shin Guards
- Plenty of water
Do current Nasoba FC players have to attend tryouts?
Yes, all players must tryout again each year.
Does my child have to attend both tryouts?
Nashoba FC recommend that your child attend both sets of tryouts unless you are contacted after the first night. This is to maximize your child’s time in front of the coaches. If for some reason you cannot make both tryouts please make sure you notify the coach in advance.
Do I need to register online?
Yes. Every player trying out for Nashoba FC will have to register online. This allows us to prepare our coaches and see how many players will be attending. This also speeds up the check in process.
When will I know if my child has made a team?
Each player / parent will be contacted within 3 days of the last tryout by a member of the coaching staff.
How much does it cost if my child makes a team?
The annual fee is $1395. If your child makes the team, you will be sent a contract that outlines the team fees for the year and what they include. This includes all training (fall, winter and spring), practice and game fields, tournament registration and coaching expenses, insurance, and league fees. For new players, a uniform kit is required and is an additional cost. For returning players, you are able to purchase any uniform items that need replacement at an additional cost. All uniforms and kits can be found on our online store on the website.
My child is interested in Nashoba FC but our family cannot afford to pay the fees, is there a scholarship fund?
Yes. Nashoba FC has a scholarship fund but the resources are limited. They are awarded strictly based on financial need and not on player’s ability. Once you have made a team, you can apply for a scholarship with the club by filling out the application under the Join NFC! tab on the website. The application will put on the website in June and will be due by July 1st. You will be notified mid-September by the Board of Directors.
How does your uniform process work and do we have to pay for a new one each year?
The uniforms are ordered directly through our online store on the website. Once your child has been accepted to a team, you will be shown the steps on how to order. As long as your child does not outgrow their uniform, you can keep wearing the same set the following year. You can order extras throughout the year on the NFC website.
Can my child play up on an older team?
If the Nashoba FC coaches feel that it is in the best interest of the development of your child to play up, then the coaches will be in touch to see if there is interest in playing up within the club.